- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Protecting the privacy of information about your medical conditions and health is a responsibility Heartland Healthcare Network has always taken very seriously. In April 2003 HIPAA — Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act — put into effect new nationwide standardized privacy laws. These laws further ensure privacy by mandating how healthcare organizations may use and disclose patient information. Heartland Healthcare Network is fully complying with these laws.
- Understanding your privacy rights
- All patients are given opportunity to read Heartland Healthcare Network's "Notice of Privacy Practices" which explains your rights under HIPAA. New patients receive a copy of the "Notice of Privacy Practices" either through the mail or at their first visit to any Heartland Healthcare Network location. All patients receive this document one time and are asked to sign an acknowledgement of receipt to serve as a record that they have received it.
- How privacy laws affect your access to other patients' health information
- Privacy laws also affect the availability of information about the medical condition of another person. The "release of information" process has been reviewed and modified to comply with HIPAA requirements regarding third party access to confidential patient information. Heartland Healthcare Network will take any additional steps necessary to ensure a patient's information is released only to authorized parties.
- More Information
- If you still have privacy questions please contact the Heartland Healthcare Network
- Heartland Healthcare Network
- In no event will The Heartland Healthcare Network be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation indirect or consequential loss or damage or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arise out of or in connection with the use of this website.
- Through this website you may be able to link to other websites which are not under the control of The Heartland Healthcare Network. We have no control over the nature content and availability of
these sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.